In one internet minute, 30 hours of video are uploaded, 3000 photos are uploaded and 100,000 new tweets are sent out. God alone knows that the web is saturated with more content than anyone knows what to do with.
But even then 77% of internet users read blogs, 81% of US customers buy based on recommendation from their favorite blogs and small businesses that run blogs have seen leads increase by 126%.
The KEY is not to create more content. But to organize, present and provide solid meaning to existing content. This is where content curation comes in.
Who is a Content Curator?
A Content Curator is someone who not only finds, groups, organizes and shares the best and most relevant content on a specific topic, but also provides her expertise on the topic.
Let ‘s break it down:
- Share the best
- Share the most relevant
- Provide expertise
We should add the following:
- Content curator is an expert on the topic she is curating content for
- She will hone in on a “long-tail” keyword
- Next she will use CurationSoft to pull out various high-ranking, popular content from various sources on the web for this keyword (article relevance to keyword is of paramount importance)
- Then she will weave a story, present an insight or offer an opinion around the content she has grouped
- When such expertise is weaved into the post, the curator provide the most meaningful and valuable experience the reader can have
When such an article gets published, a win-win-win situation is created:
The user who searched for the keyword wins because they got top articles from various sources in ONE place, along with expert opinion. This can be used as a reference in an authority publication.
Google wins because the user has had a great experience (incidentally, this is the primary objective of Google search).
Advertisers who market products/services for this keyword win, because the user is spending time on the site, long enough to consume the ad or make a purchase.
The website wins, because the user has spent time, the ad is relevant and Google is satisfied.
Most importantly the user is satisfied and will visit the site again for more!
End result is a high Google rank for the post!