Definition of marketing:
The action or business of promoting and selling products or services, including market research and advertising.
Definition of content marketing:
Content marketing is any marketing format that involves the creation and sharing of media and publishing content in order to acquire customers. This information can be presented in a variety of formats, including news, video, white papers, e-books, infographics, case studies, how-to guides, question and answer articles, photos, etc.
Tasks & challenges:
- Creation of content
- Sharing of content
- Acquisition of customers:
- a. Find customers
- b. Find appropriate customers
- c. Ensure that the article they “find” is relevant and interesting
- Ensure multiple media are covered
A good content curation tool must have the following capabilities to help satisfy the end-customer and thus help market the blog:
- The tool must have the ability to search a variety of sources, help you collect multiple objects (blogs, videos, pictures, podcasts, etc.)
- Sharing capabilities – make it easy to publish across various platforms. WordPress, social media and even MS-Word for authority, offline publications
- Help with higher search engine rankings thereby assisting in finding customers – make it high optimized for search engines, so that the interested reader can readily find the post on page 1 of Google
- Find relevant content – the better tool will pull in relevant content. As the author tweaks the keywords and goes to different sources, she should keep the keyword relevance in mind. Just before final publication, she should finalize the focus keyword for the post, ensure that the title, URL and meta description ALL contain the focus keyword.
- Since the curated content is pulled out of high-ranking, popular posts, automatically the end product would be interesting to the reader
- A good content curation tool should not only preserve the original credits and attributions to authors, but also “ping” them or alert them that their publication has been cited. Once they share or tweet this new post (which of course, results in wider publicity for them), the curator’s post is also marketed by established authors.
A good curation tool helps in overcoming most content marketing challenges.