By the time someone gets where Chris Brogan is, they have multiple sites, products, services, and/or are regular contributors on other key sites. And don’t forget about the network of followers that builds around people like Chris as well.
This is an attempt to give you Chris Brogan in-a-box so you can dive into his world and catch up with a great thought leader and sharer of tech and marketing who is worth following.
Who Is Chris Brogan?
Chris Brogan consults and speaks professionally with Fortune 100 and 500 companies like PepsiCo, General Motors, Microsoft, and more, on the future of business communications, and social software technologies. He is a New York Times bestselling co-author of Trust Agents, and a featured monthly columnist at Entrepreneur Magazine. Chris’s blog, [chrisbrogan.com], is in the Top 5 of the Advertising Age Power150. He has over 11 years experience in online community, social media, and related technologies. (more…)
What Chris Has Done
If you’re wondering why you’re bothering to read anything Chris writes, here are a few bullet points of things that he’s done in his past that might be relevant:
- Made the New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestseller lists for Trust Agents
- Wrote for Entrepreneur magazine (print), SUCCESS magazine (online), and American Express OPEN Forum (online)
- Won the Mass High Tech All Stars award for 2008.
- Blogged since 1998 (when it was called journaling).
- Recorded several podcasts, and launched a small new media network in 2006.
- Videoblogged in several forms, including Small Boxes and AttentionUPGRADE.
- Built data centers, released software, acquired companies, and all kinds of other fun projects while working for a wireless telecommunications company.
- Launched the PodCamp unconference series with Christopher S. Penn.
- Programmed and hosted the Video on the Net conference in 2007.
- Worked on an Internet video startup with Jeff Pulver in 2007.
- Collaborated on tons of social media and social networks projects over 2007.
Chris Brogan On The Social Web
Follow Chris on:
Blog Posts of Note
Tying Off Or Facing the Waves – Chris Brogan: When times are rough, in business and in life, many of us seek stability. We want to anchor ourselves to something. We want to tie our boat up to try and outlast the storm. But that very choice can often cause far more damage than the less intuitive decision: facing the waves.
If I Started Today: Here’s what I’m going to do. I’ll build three different scenarios out, and give you the starting points for what I’d do with social media if I were in these steps.
My Best Advice About Personal Branding: In some ways, personal branding is noise. It’s talking about one’s self instead of talking about something that’s useful to others. But another way you might look at it is that personal branding is leverage: once you know me, you start to build a relationship with me.
Check out Chris’ own “Best of” posts from his blog to go deeper.
Deb Orton interviews Chris Brogan of New Marketing Labs. Chris discusses the big opportunities for marketers, mistakes that marketers make with social media…
Chris Brogan (New Marketing Labs), “The Serendipity Engine”
Best selling co-author of Trust Agents and notable blogger, Chris Brogan, takes the stage at the Coldwell Banker Generation Blue Experience to talk about the importance of trust in the social age of consumers.
What you will learn a lot about by following Chris Brogan is relationship building, personal branding, and using social media effectively. You’ll learn these things both through the things Chris shares, but also in how he shares and how he builds community around his own brand.